Don't assume that the ZIP code (or postal code, as it is referred to in many countries outside the United States) has any particular format or length, or that it comprises only digits. For instance, Canadian postal codes consist of two groups of three characters, such as "M5R 3H5"; a French postal code is a five-digit number, as in 92300. In some places, people might add a country or region code in front of the postal code (for example, F-92300)
Universal Postal Union:
Links to Postal Code pages
Graham Rhind has specialized for over 14 years in international address and postal code methodologies.
Frank's Compulsive Guide to Postal Addresses
Word will not create a bar code for a Canadian postal code. Under the Canadian postal system, the post office applies bar coding to mail.
More Postal/Zip Stuff:
- Campaign Contributions
- Individuals that have contributed $200 or more to federal campaigns by ZIP Code.
- Canadian Addresses
- Lookup any Canadian address and get the Postal Code, time zone and area code.
- Income Tax Statistics
- Income tax information by ZIP Code. Includes average AGI, number of returns, average refund, filing status, age and more.
- Nearest Post Office
- Locate the 10 closest post offices to a ZIP Code that accept bulk mail.
- Occupants by ZIP
- Generate a count of occupant delivery addresses by ZIP Code. Order your Occupant list online.
- U.S. Addresses
- Lookup any U.S. address and get the ZIP+4 code, area code, time zone, county, address type, street detail and more.
- ZIP Codes by County
- Obtain a list of the ZIP Codes in any county in the United States.
- ZIP Distance
- Displays the distance between any two 5-digit ZIP Codes in the United States.
- Lookup ZIP Codes, city names, the location of phone numbers or the cities covered by an area code.
- ZIPs in a Radius
- Displays a listing of the ZIP Codes that fall within a radius.
Here are some great links:
Zip code demonstrator
How to Read Postal Bar Codes
See all Topics